EuroSMC Model ETP-1 Transformer Turn Ratio Measurement Unit
The ETP-1 module determines the turn ratio on the three phases of power and distribution transformers and auto-transformers of any type applying a test voltage on the high-voltage winding and measuring the resulting voltage on the low-voltage winding. This method also provides the evaluation of other parameters.
- Excitation current I1.
- Phase angle between the test voltage V1 and the excitation current I1.
- Phase angle between the test voltage V1 and the measured V2.
The test is performed at low voltage and at the supply’s frequency, which makes the ETP-1 adequate for field testing and for quality assessment in production lines. The following problems can be detected with the ETP-1:
- Shorted turns.
- Interrupted windings.
- Magnetic core problems.
- Dirty or damaged tap changer.
Database storage of results enables individual tracking of each transformer
EuroSMC Model ETP-1 Characteristics
- The connection to the transformer taps is guided from the computer to avoid connection errors.
- Enables to select the number of the tap changer positions to be measured, as the software informs the position that should be measured each time.
- For each tap changer position, a three phase automatic measurement is performed. It is not necessary to change the connection to the transformer taps.
- The no load test current waveform is presented on the computer screen. It detects possible problems in the iron core.
- The test time for each three phase test position is less than 10 seconds.
- The measuring range has a ratio between 1:1 to 3000:1.
- Measures the trip time in protective relays.
- Measures the time of contact operation.
- Measures the duration of a single pulse.