Reed 8778 Heat Stress Meter
Along with having a Wet Bulb Global Temperature reading , the Reed 8778 Heat Stress Meter is a perfect instrument for those in need of measuring Heat Stress. Reed 8778 measures how hot it feels when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat and provides audible alarm when conditions enter the caution and danger zones.Reed 8778 comes also with Black Globe Temperature (TG) function to monitor the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface. Its tripod mount design makes the Reed 8778 particularly useful in activities requiring long-term monitoring.
REED 8778 Features
- Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) considers the effects of temperature,
humidity and direct or radiant sunlight
- Black Globe Temperature (TG) monitors the effects of direct solar radiation on an exposed surface
- In/Out function displays the WBGT value with or without direct sun exposure
- View individual temperatures or indices in either °F or °C
- User adjustable WBGT threshold with audible alarm if threshold is exceeded
- Auto power off with override
- Built-in RS232 and USB interface
- Tripod mount design for long-term monitoring.
Authorised Australian distributor
How to use Reed 8778 Heat Stress Meter
Start-up the meter
Before taking any measurements slide down the Reed 8778’s sensor-protecting sheath and press the ON/OFF button to turn on the instruments. At this moment, all indicators on the LCD screen will flash during a quick self-test.
Select display mode
As you already read above, this Reed Heat Stress Meter measures Air Temp (AT), Globe Temp (TG), Relative Humidity (RH) and calculates WBGT. Press the “MODE” button to select the measuring mode. An icon will appear on the top of the LCD screen to indicate the current operation mode.
To measure WBGT with or without direct Sun exposure, hold down the corresponding button for more than 1 second to switch. Either IN or OUT will then be displayed on the LCD screen indicating weather the unit is set for Indoor (no Sun) or Outdoor (full Sun) measuring.
This 8778 Reed meter comes with an audible alarm feature to give warning for possible heat stress in the environment. When WBGT value reaches the alarm threshold, the value starts to blink and there is a continuous beep. The alarm stops when the measured value falls below the threshold or the meter is turned off. The alarm threshold is adjustable for different applications.
REED 8778 Specifications
- Air Temp. Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.6°C (±1.1°F)
- Black Globe .
Temp. Range: 0.0 to 80.0°C (32 to 176°F)
- Accuracy: ±1°C: 15 to 40°C, ±1.5°C: rest of range for indoor; .
±1.5°C: 15 to 40°C, ±2°C: rest of range for outdoor
- WBGT Temp. Range: 0.0 to 50.0°C (32 to 122°F)
- Resolution: 0.1°C (0.1°F)
- Humidity Range: 0 to 100% RH
- Accuracy: ±3% RH: 10 to 90% RH, ±5% RH: rest of range
- Resolution: 0.1% RH
- Operating Conditions: 0-50°C, 0-95%RH