How to use Reed SD-4023 Sound Level Meter
To turn the meter off, hold the Power Button for over 2 seconds. The meter’s function defaults are set to “Auto Range, “A Frequency Weighting”, and Fast Time Weighting”. The screen will display “A. Fast Auto”. Switch between “A” or “C” Frequency Weighting by pressing the “A/C Button”. Determine proper measuring range by pressing the Range Button. Press the Range Button to scroll through the Four range types. There are three manual ranges (30 – 80 dB range, 50 – 100 dB range, 80 – 130 dB range) and auto range. Select the Time Weighting (Fast or Slow) by pressing the Time Weighting Button. The screen will display either “FAST” or “SLOW”, depending on your selection.
Data Hold and Data Record (Max., Min. reading)
During any sound measurements, you can activate the Data Hold function by pressing the SD-4023’s “HOLD” button once. The measured value will hold on the screen, and a HOLD symbol will appear. Press the Hold Button once again will release the data hold function.
Press the REC Button once to start the Data Record function and a “REC” symbol will appear on the display. Press the REC Button once, and a ”REC. MAX.” symbol along with the maximum value will appear on the display.Press the REC Button again, and a “REC. MIN.” symbol along with the minimum value will appear on the display.
Auto Datalogger (Set sampling time ≥1 second)
Press the REC Button to start Datalogging and the “REC” symbol will appear on the LCD screen, then press the Logger Button, the “REC” symbol will flash while the measuring data and time information is being saved in memory. You can pause the Datalogging anytime by pressing the Logger Button once. While paused, the “REC” symbol will stop flashing. Press the Logger Button again to resume Datalogging, and the “REC” symbol will begin to flash again. While the Datalogger function is paused, press the REC Button for 2 seconds to Stop Datalogging. The “REC” symbol will disappear indicating the Datalogging function has stopped.
Manual Datalogger (Set sampling time = 0 seconds)
Set sampling time is to 0 second; Press the REC Button, and the “REC” symbol will appear on the LCD screen. Press the Logger Button, and the “REC” symbol will flash once and one Beep will sound, at the same time the measuring data along the time information will be saved in memory. The lower Display will show the Position (record) number, which is saved as well. To Change the Position Number; press the Down Button and the lower position number will flash on the display. Press the Up or Down Buttons to set the Position Number (1 to 99) to help identify the measurement location. The lower Display will show P x (x = 1 to 99). After the position number is selected, press the Enter Button to confirm. Press the REC Button for 2 seconds, and the “REC” symbol will disappear indicating the Datalogging function has stopped.
REED SD-4023 Specifications
- Circuit: Custom microprocessor LSI circuit
- Display: 52mm x 38mm LCD with backlight
- Frequency Weighting: A: Human Ear Listening; C: FLAT Response
- Time Weighting: Fast – 200ms, Slow – 500ms
- Auto Range: 30 – 130dB
- Manual Range: 30 – 80dB, 50 – 100dB, 80 – 130dB
- Frequency: 31.5 – 8,000Hz
- Microphone: Electric Condenser Microphone
- Auto Sampling Time: 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800,
- Memory Card: SD memory card, 1 GB to 16 GB
- Sampling Time: Approx. 1 second
- Data Output: USB/RS232 PC computer interface
- AC Output: AC 0.5 Vrms corresponding to each range step
- Output Impedance 600ohm
- Measurement range: 30 – 130dB
- Resolution: 0.1dB
- Accuracy under 94dB input signal:
31.5Hz ± 3.5 dB, 63 Hz ± 2.5 dB,
125 Hz ± 2.0 dB, 250 Hz ± 1.9 dB,
500 Hz ± 1.9 dB, 1 K Hz ± 1.4 dB,
2 K Hz ± 2.6 dB, 4 K Hz ± 3.6 dB,
8 K Hz ± 5.6 dB,
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C (0-122°F)
- Operating Humidity: Less than 85% R.H.
- Power Supply: UM3/AA (1.5 V)
- Weight: 489g/1.08lb
- Dimensions: Main instrument: 245 x 68 x 45mm;
- Microphone: 12.7mm (0.5”) Dia.
- Optional accessories: 2G SD Card (SD-2GB)
Sound calibrator (SC-05)
Wind shield ball (SB-01)
USB cable (USB-01)
RS232 cable (UPCB-01)
Data Acquisition Software (SW-U801-WIN)
Soft carrying case (CA-05A)