Reed R6010 Moisture Meter
The Reed R6010 (formerly the model ST-128M) Handheld non-destructive moisture meter displays moisture content with an 0.1% M.C. resolution. The Reed R6010 utilizes one moisture sensor which runs smoothly over the surface being tested without scratching or penetrating the surface.
REED R6010 Features:
- Detects moisture content in building materials of all kinds, as well as
detects moisture distribution in walls, ceilings and floors
- Non-destructive – moisture sensor runs smoothly over the surface being
tested without scratching or penetrating the surface
- Classifies moisture status as: dry, at risk or wet
- Display Hold button
- Max/Min function with alarm indication
- LCD display with backlighting
- Low battery indication with auto power off
Authorised Australian Distributor
How to use Reed R6010 Moisture Measuring Meter
Taking a wood moisture measurement
Turn the meter ON by pressing the ON/OFF button. Try to keep the instrument in a upright position so the ball sensor is in the air and at least 8-10cm away from any object. Press the MEAS button and “CAL” will display on the LCD screen. To be able to take accurate measurements, the value of readings must be below 0.5. If the reading is above 0.5 you must turn the meter off and move to a dry area to calibrate. After the meter is calibrated it will automatically start to take measurements. To hold the current measurement press the MEAS button and the data hold symbol will appear on the LCD screen. After 30 seconds of inactivity the meter will auto power off.
Alarm Set Mode
Calibrate the moisture meter by moving it into the dry area at least 10 cm from any object that can affect the procedure. Press the MEAS button to put the meter in data hold and press the SET button. The RISK symbol will appear on the LCD screen and the value which the RISK alarm is set to. Now you can change this to the desired value by pressing the UP and DOWN buttons. Save your settings by pressing the SET button. Now change the WET alarm value by pressing the UP or DOWN buttons. Press the SET button to save the WET alarm value and to return to data hold mode. If the moisture measurement exceeds the RISK alarm setting the meter will beep every second. If the moisture measurement exceeds the WET alarm setting the meter will beep every half second.
REED R6010 Specifications
- Measuring Range: 0.0 to 100.0% Moisture Content
- Resolution: 0.1% M.C.
- Moisture Status Display: Gypsum: <30%: Dry; 30-60%: At risk; >60%: Wet;
- Cement: <25%: Dry; 25-50%: At risk; >75%: Wet
- Wood: <50%: Dry; 50-80%: At risk; >80%: Wet
- Penetration Depth: 20 to 40mm
- Power Supply: 3 x “AAA” batteries
- Dimensions: 242 x 63 x 30mm
- Weight: 226g