Use the Reed R9700 Battery Coolant Checker for the following:
- It is essential to know the concentration and freezing point of anti-freeze coolants for vehicular safety
- Keeping a suitable concentration of coolant prevents engine trouble and possible radiator corrosion
- This tester monitors the freezing point of both Ethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol in addition, it indicates battery recharge level
- This tester is simple to use; requiring only a few drops to provide accurate readings within seconds
- It is virtually indispensable for gas stations, service shops, cab companies, etc.
REED R9700 Specifications
|Propylene and Ethylene Glycol Measuring Range||-50 to 0°C|
|Minimum Scale Division||5°C|
|Automatic Temperature Compensation Range||10 to 30°C|
REED R9700 Calibration
1. Open the cover plate and place 2-3 drops of distilled water onto the prism surface, close the cover plate, press lightly and ensure the water spreads evenly across the whole surface area without air bubbles or dry sections. (wait 30 seconds until the water adjusts to ambient temperature)
2. Hold towards light source and look into the eyepiece, if the boundary line between the upper blue field and the lower white field is not located exactly on the 0°C waterline, adjust the correcting screw until both lines meet.
3. Wipe the water from the prism with clean dry cloth and replace the rubber correcting screw cover.
NOTE: under normal operating conditions the calibration only needs to be checked periodically.
1. DO NOT IMMERSE IN OR CLEAN WITH RUNNING WATER
2. THIS TOOL IS A PRECISON OPTICAL INSTRUMENT, IT REQUIRES CAREFULL HANDLING and STORAGE
3. DO NOT DROP OR SUBJECT TO SHOCK AS DAMAGE MAY RESULT TO THE MIRROR TUBE and OPTICAL COMPONENTS
4. DO NOT SCRATCH OR ATTEMPT TO MEASURE CORROSIVE CHEMICALS AS DAMAGE MAY OCCUR TO THE PRISM’S COATING
CAUTION – use extreme care when opening the radiator cap – do not remove while engine is running or the engine is warm. Do not let battery fluid come in contact with skin or eyes – personal injury may result