Reed CM-9930 Features:
- Full function autoranging digital multimeter includes AC/DC voltage, and current, resistance, capacitance, frequency, duty cycle, diode and continuity
- True RMS measurements
- Current measurements to 2000A through the clamp and 240mA via the test leads
- Large 4000-count backlit display
- Basic VDC accuracy of 1% with 0.1mV resolution and current resolution to 0.1µA
- 2.36″ (60mm) clamp jaw opening (750MCM)
- DC current push button zero, relative measurements and data hold
- Heavy duty ABS case with built-in stand and thumb control switch
- IEC1010 Cat. III 1000V Safety Rating
How to use the Reed CM-9930 Digital Clampmeter:
DC/AC Measurements with Reed CM-9930
Firstly, connect the Black test lead into the COM terminal and the Red one into the V terminal. Using the function rotary switch select the desired function ( V position) and press the function button until display shows the corresponding AC or DC icon. Read the values on the CM-9930’s LCD display
If you’re going to measure resistance, made continuity Check or Diode Test, Capacitance tests or Frequency Measurements, with Reed CM-9930 you can do standard measurements as an any other multimeters. The procedure is quite similar, not complicated and safe.
AC or DC Current Measurements (Clamp-on)
If you’re going to measure AC voltage move the function rotary switch to the 2000A position and press the function button till the display shows . Press the trigger to open the current sensor jaws and clamp it around the measuring conductor only. For DC current measurements move the function rotary switch to the 2000A position and press the function button until the display shows the corresponding DC icon. Push the DCA Zero button for at least 2 seconds to display a value of zero. Press the trigger to open the current sensor jaws and clamp it around the measuring conductor only.
AC or DC Current Measurement (Direct input)
To measure AC or DC Current with direct input procedure, you normally have to insert the lead test into the instrument as follow: Black test lead into the COM terminal and Red test lead into the uA, mA terminal. If measuring uA (400uA, 4000uA), move the function rotary switch to the uA position and press the function button until the display shows AC or DC icon (according with your measurements type) If measuring mA (40mA, 400mA), move the function rotary switch to the mA position and press the function button until the display shows AC or DC icon (according with your measurements type) Open the circuit where the current to be measured is located and securely connect the test lead in series with the circuit.
Reed CM-9930 Specifications:
|Power Supply||2 type ‘AA’ Alkaline batteries|
|Dimensions||255mm (L) x 74mm (W) x 38mm (D)|